Dr Johnson recommends the following Aftercare advice following a Profhilo Treatment in her clinic at Cheshire Lasers:
Do I need recovery time after Profhilo?
No, you can return to normal activities straight away.
It is essential, however, that you are aware of the minor visible effects of the treatment. These can last a few hours, sometimes longer. We, therefore, recommend you time your treatment so you don’t have any important events immediately after.
What Will I Look Like after a Profhilo Treatment?
After treatment, most people will notice five visible bumps under the skin on each side of the face. These bumps can be pinky-red in appearance at first and sometimes, you can see tiny pinprick marks at the injection sites.
These bumps can appear like tiny insect bites but rapidly go down over a few hours, although sometimes the odd one can take 24 hours or slightly longer to go fully.
You may also develop the occasional bruise at the injection sites, which can be slightly tender.
Important Profhilo Aftercare Advice
Can I Wear Makeup After a Treatment?
Dr Teri Johnson recommends you avoid makeup for at least 12 hours after treatment to avoid the risk of infection. The tiny injection marks must be fully healed as makeup often contains germs which could lead to an infection.
What should I do after a Profhilo Treatment?
Avoid touching your face. If you need to touch it, ensure your hands are clean to avoid introducing infection to the treatment area.
Apply only gentle non, irritating products for 24 to 48 hours till the puncture marks have healed.
What should you not do after Profhilo?
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for 24 hours, as this can increase bruising.
- Avoid taking alcohol, aspirin and ibuprofen for 24 hours, as they can also increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
- Do not rub or massage the bumps from the treatment; they usually go down rapidly in a few hours.
- Avoid extreme heat and extreme cold for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid the following treatments for up to 2 weeks to reduce the risk of complications.
- Facial Treatments
Can Profhilo Treatments Go Wrong?
Due to the nature of the product, concerning side effects are extremely rare if injected correctly. Dr Johnson has had the official Profhilo training from the UK Distributor to make sure you are in safe hands.
The following side effects, however, can sometimes occur after a Profhilo treatment:
- Prolonged Bruising at the injection sites, which could last just over a week
- Puffiness around the injection sites or under the eyes, which lasts a few days to a week
Vascular occlusions have been reported after Profhilo globally, but this is extremely unlikely.
When to be concerned after a Profilo Treatment?
If you develop any of the following after your Profhilo treatment, please contact us to arrange an aftercare assessment with Dr Johnson.
- Redness, itching, swelling or tenderness occur and do not improve within 36 hours of your
- Redness, swelling or discomfort develops several days after treatment.
Should you develop any of the following effects after a Profhilo treatment, it is IMPORTANT that we arrange an URGENT Face-to-Face aftercare assessment.
- Blanching of the skin
- Mottled appearance
- Pain more than you would normally experience after an injection.