What is the Dermapen?
The Dermapen is an electronic medical microneedling device, which uses multiple thin needles that gently and quickly penetrate the skin. The device efficiently creates thousands of micro “injuries” which trigger the skin’s remarkable self-repair mechanism. This repair stimulates the synthesis of new collagen, and also helps smooth the surface of the skin.With the Dermapen the proces of microneeding is quicker and easier to perform, without the risk of permanent scarring.
Dr Teri Johnson attended the national FACE conference in June 2012, where she heard a presentation given by Professor Tony Chu about the new Dermapen, and she knew it would prove popular at Cheshire Lasers.
The Dermapen has FDA approval and represents the next level in collagen induction therapy and is an ideal treatment for:
- Skin tightening
- Skin rejuvenating
- Acne scars
- Fine wrinkle
- Stretch mark flattening and smoothing
- Scar remodelling
What is the Advantage of the Dermapen compared to a Dermaroller?
The Dermapen offers several advantages over the traditional Dermaroller:
- The Dermapen is easier to use when treating areas like the upper lip, under the eyes and nose.
- It is less painful than the Dermaroller treatment.
- There is less downtime with the Dermapen than after the Dermaroller treatment.
- The Dermapen is more effective than the Dermaroller for treating acne scars.
- The Dermapen is an electronically powered device.
- Multiple needles vertically pierce the skin to enhance rejuvenation results, maintain epidermal integrity & reduce downtime.
- The automatic vibrating function of the Dermapen increases dermal needling speed, effectiveness & absorption of products while reducing pain & discomfort.
Dermapen is as effective as Fraxel, IPL, Lasers & Chemical Peels at a fraction of the cost of alternatives.
The Dermapen for treating ageing
As we age, the production of the skin’s supporting cells, fibroblasts, collagen and elastin naturally reduces which leads to wrinkles, sagging and crepe skin. The Dermapen treatment works by stimulating the skin to produce more fibroblasts, collagen and elastin is and is seen as an effective alternative to facelifts and other surgical anti-ageing treatments.
The Dermapen makes ‘micro injuries’ to the skin with fine needles. These injuries prompt the skin to go into repair mode, which includes the release of collagen, and elastin and the stimulation of new supporting skin cells, and fibroblasts. This reduces the signs of ageing, such as sagging, wrinkles, pitting and uneven skin tone.
Dermapen is an effective skin rejuvenation treatment but without the recovery time required of more traditional treatments such as chemical peels or Fraxel.
Dermapen is effective for skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, acne scars and wound healing, and natural improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Dermapen for treating acne scarring
The Dermapen makes ‘micro injuries’ to the skin with fine needles. These injuries prompt the skin to go into repair mode, which includes the release of collagen, elastin and the stimulation of new supporting skin cells, and fibroblasts. This reduces the signs of acne scarring, pitting and uneven skin tone caused by acne.