The dermapen uses multiple thin needles that gently and quickly penetrate the skin. The skin needling method used in the DermaPen micro-needling stimulates the skin’s remarkable self-repair mechanism. This is done with the help of several thin needles that gently penetrate the skin, thus, creating micro “injuries”, these micro “injuries” trigger the synthesis of new collagen, without the risk of permanent scarring.
Dr Teri Johnson attended the national FACE conference in June 2012 where she heard a presentation given by Professor Tony Chu about the new Dermapen and she knew it would prove popular at Cheshire Lasers.
FDA approved, the Derma Pen represents the next level in collagen induction therapy and is an ideal treatment for:
- Skin tightening
- Skin rejuvenating
- Acne scars
- Fine wrinkle
- Stretch mark flattening and smoothing
- Scar remodeling
- The Dermapen is easier to use in treating areas like the upper lip, under the eyes and nose
- It is less painful than Dermaroller treatment
- There is less downtime with the Dermapen than after Dermaroller treatment
- The Dermapen is more effective than the Dermaroller for treating acne scars
- The Dermapen is an electronically powered device.
- Multiple needles vertically pierce the skin to enhance rejuvenation results, maintain epidermal integrity & reduce downtime.
- The automatic vibrating function of the Dermapen™ increases dermal needling speed, effectiveness & absorption of products, while reducing pain & discomfort.
Dermapen™ is as effective as Fraxel, IPL, Lasers & Chemical Peels at a fraction of the cost of alternatives.
The Dermapen for treating Ageing.
As we age, the production of the skin’s supporting cells, fibroblasts, collagen and elastin, naturally reduce this leads to wrinkles, sagging and crepe skin. The Dermapen treatment works by stimulating the skin to produce more fibroblasts, collagen and elastin is and is seen as an effective alternative to facelifts and other surgical anti aging treatments.
The Dermapen makes ‘micro injuries’ to the skin with very fine needles. These injuries prompt the skin to go into repair mode, which includes the release of collagen, elastin and the stimulation of new supporting skin cells, fibroblasts. This reduces the signs of aging, such as sagging, wrinkles, pitting and uneven skin tone.
Derma Pen is an effective skin rejuvenation treatment but without the recovery time required of more traditional treatments such as chemical peels or fraxel
Derma Pen is effective for skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, acne scars and wound healing, and natural improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Dermapen for treating acne scaring
The Dermapen makes ‘micro injuries’ to the skin with very fine needles. These injuries prompt the skin to go into repair mode, which includes the release of collagen, elastin and the stimulation of new supporting skin cells, fibroblasts. This reduces the signs of acne scarring, pitting and uneven skin tone cause by acne.
View a Dermapen Treatment